Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Good Laugh

This experience actually happened to my brother Scott, but I was there to witness the occasion.

In 1998, Scott and I were hired at a financial institution at the same time. Our first week on the job was consisted of cold-calling and selling the product (equipment leasing) over the phone. I received a positive response from someone and proceeded to type up a proposal. At the time, I didn't have a computer at my desk, so I used one of the other employee's, which was in a separate office, adjacent to where Scott and I were. As I was typing up my proposal, I heard my boss, who was in the other room, say in a traumatizing tone, "WHAT are YOU doing?" I couldn't see what happened, but it sounded pretty bad, so I got up immediately to see what was going on. I walked into the room and Scott was completely red in the face, and stood like a terrified little boy who just received a scolding from one in authority. He quietly responded to the question, "I thought you were my brother." "WHAT? Do you always grab your brother's butt?" At that point, our boss now saw me and further questioned, "Should I be worried about you two?" I had no idea what was going on, and stood there dumbfounded. I knew I had just been ridiculed, but didn't know what for. "You need to pay closer attention to what you're doing," he said, and walked out of the room. I immediately inquired as to what happened, and Scott began laughing hysterically. It took him a while to gain control, but the story was told. Apparently, our boss was bent over under my desk hooking up some wires for the telephone. Scott thought he was me and grabbed his butt really hard, just to be funny. Oh! I wish I had a camera and caught that moment suspended in time.

5 comments:

Heywood Clan said...

That is one of the funniest stories ever!!! I wish I was there to see Scott's face. I bet it was priceless.

aubri said...

That's hilarious! I'm pretty sure if it had been you, you would've grunted when he grabbed it...ha ha!

mikeylikesit said...

I only grunt when I have to. You know when that is!

Leora said...

I think I've heard that story before. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Kristy said...

That was a good laugh!